This week, we’ll be getting the latest inflation readings and other economic data, starting with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) report for February on Tuesday. This report will provide us with an indication of how prices are developing across the US economy. On Wednesday, the Producer Price Index (PPI) will be released, which will provide an indication of the prices at which US producers are selling their products.
Also on Wednesday, the US Census Bureau will be releasing the latest retail sales figures, which will give us an indication of how consumer spending held up last month. This data is especially important to monitor as consumer spending is a key driver of economic activity.
Updates on the housing market will include building permits and housing starts for February, along with the NAHB’s Housing Market Index. This is an important indicator of future construction activity. On Friday, we’ll get the latest industrial production figures for the previous month, along with the preliminary March reading for the University of Michigan’s Consumer Sentiment Index (MCSI).
We are closely watching these figures, as they can provide us with an indication of where the US economy is headed in the coming weeks and months. For those of any age, understanding the economic environment is key to making informed decisions about investments and other financial matters. So, it’s important to stay up-to-date with the latest readings and to understand how they can affect the US economy.
Monday, March 13
- GitLab Inc. (GTLB), Grifols S.A. (GRFS), DLocal Limited (DLO), Getty Images (GETY), and Amylyx Pharmaceuticals (AMLX) report earnings
- Consumer Inflation Expectations (Feb)
Tuesday, March 14
- Lennar Corporation (LEN), Smartsheet Inc. (SMAR), SentinelOne Inc. (S), and IHS Holding Ltd. (IHS) report earnings
- NFIB Business Optimism Index (Feb)
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) Inflation Rate (Feb)
Wednesday, March 15
- Adobe Inc. (ADBE), Woodside Energy Group (WDS), Franco-Nevada Corporation (FNV), Five Below (FIVE), Williams-Sonoma (WSM), and UiPath Inc. (PATH) report earnings
- Retail Sales (Feb)
- Producer Price Index (PPI) Inflation Rate (Feb)
- NAHB Housing Market Index (Mar)
- Business Inventories (Jan)
- Retail Inventories (Jan)
Thursday, March 16
- FedEx Corporation (FDX), Dollar General (DG), KE Holdings (BEKE), Jabil Inc. (JBL), Gamestop Corp. (GME), Academy Sports and Outdoors Inc. (ASO), Signet Jewelers Limited (SIG), and Scholastic Corporation (SCHL) report earnings
- Building Permits (Feb)
- Housing Starts (Feb)
- Philadelphia Fed Manufacturing Index (Mar)
Friday, March 17
- Legend Biotech (LEGN) and Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. (AQN) report earnings
- Industrial Production (Feb)
- Conference Board (CB) Leading Index (Feb)
- University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index – Preliminary Reading (Mar)
*Click on the “First Slice” icon to read the original article! After you read the original article, let us know your thoughts.