Burkle Selling NWSL’s Wave to Levine Leichtman Family in $113M Deal | Sportico

Burkle Selling NWSL’s Wave to Levine Leichtman Family in 3M Deal | Sportico

Burkle Selling NWSL’s Wave to Levine Leichtman Family in $113M Deal | Sportico

In the dynamic world of sports business, a groundbreaking deal has set the stage for a new era in women’s soccer. Billionaire Ron Burkle has passed the torch of the San Diego Wave to the Levine Leichtman family in a record-setting $113 million transaction1This isn’t just a change of hands; it’s a monumental shift in the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL), marking the highest valuation for a team in the league’s history2.

The Wave, which joined the NWSL less than three years ago with a modest $2 million expansion fee, has ridden the crest of success to become a beacon of growth and potential in women’s sports1The deal unfolds in two parts: an initial 35% stake for $35 million, followed by the remaining 65% for $78 million after the 2024 season1. This strategic move not only reflects the burgeoning value of women’s soccer teams but also underscores the increasing interest of investors in female-led sports franchises.

Behind this transaction are the stories of athletes and a community that rallied around a fledgling team, propelling it to the top of the league. The Wave’s journey from expansion team to a prized asset exemplifies the power of strategic branding, community engagement, and on-field success. It’s a narrative that resonates with the aspirations of young athletes and entrepreneurs alike, showcasing the potential of sports as a platform for empowerment and business acumen.

The Levine Leichtman family, known for their investment prowess and support for women’s initiatives, are set to infuse the Wave with their vision and values. Their commitment to fostering opportunities for aspiring female athletes aligns with the team’s ethos and the league’s direction1. As the Wave rides into its next chapter, the focus is on sustaining the momentum and nurturing the growth of the sport…………full-loaf-600x400-1-e1700879832480 Burkle Selling NWSL’s Wave to Levine Leichtman Family in $113M Deal | Sportico[read more]

Rising Dough

Rising-Dough-e1700879911412 Burkle Selling NWSL’s Wave to Levine Leichtman Family in $113M Deal | SporticoWith the Wave cresting to new heights under its prospective ownership, consider the implications of such a significant investment in a women’s sports franchise. How might this reflect and influence the market dynamics of sports teams, the valuation of female athletes, and the engagement strategies aimed at fans and communities?

*Click on the “Full Loaf” icon to read the full article! After you read the full article, let us know your thoughts.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
stone-street-coffee-logo Burkle Selling NWSL’s Wave to Levine Leichtman Family in $113M Deal | Sportico ☕️ **Discover Stone Street Coffee Company – Your Coffee Haven!** Today’s Dough readers, if you’re on the hunt for exceptional coffee and cold brew, look no further than Stone Street Coffee Company. We at Today’s Dough are smitten with their rich coffee blends and refreshing Cold Brew. Stone Street’s commitment to quality shines through in every sip. Now, exclusively for our readers, click the banner above to snag a $5 off coupon on your next order. Experience the finest, ethically sourced beans roasted to perfection. Join the Stone Street community, savor top-notch coffee, and elevate your daily brew. ☕️🌟

Subscribe
Notify of
f715db4cafb73e8502a430f20ab9bdb1?s=56&d=mm&r=g Burkle Selling NWSL’s Wave to Levine Leichtman Family in $113M Deal | Sportico

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Share this content:

0 0 votes
Article Rating
stonestreetcoffee.com ☕️ **Discover Stone Street Coffee Company - Your Coffee Haven!** Today's Dough readers, if you're on the hunt for exceptional coffee and cold brew, look no further than Stone Street Coffee Company. We at Today's Dough are smitten with their rich coffee blends and refreshing Cold Brew. Stone Street's commitment to quality shines through in every sip. Now, exclusively for our readers, click the banner above to snag a $5 off coupon on your next order. Experience the finest, ethically sourced beans roasted to perfection. Join the Stone Street community, savor top-notch coffee, and elevate your daily brew. ☕️🌟

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x
×